Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's okay to be Passionate... and it's okay to let people know what youre Passionate about.

Its late at night both Mike and Ziggy are sleeping, but my eyes just wont close. So here I am sitting cross-legged on our brown leather couch listening to Bon Iver, while allowing my mind to reminisce about past moments. There are so many significant past moments just in the last 6 months of my life.
-I became the luckiest girl alive, and married the man that i would dream about for years. during the dating game i dated a wide variety of men, and at night i didnt dream about any of them. When i would have dreams about my wedding day there would be a featureless man so to speak, it was like him face was blurred.. but i could see the way his face moved.. and in my dream i could feel the love he felt for me. and i wanted that dream to come true. Mike is the smiling man i had in my dreams. but hes now my reality, and I am very blessed to have him. Whoever is reading this, and if you are by some chance feeling sad or lonely... I was there.. i was there a lot of the time. its kind of like you need to feel that lonely and sadness to appreciate the amazing feelings. And dont you DARE allow the thoughts come to your mind that you wont find that person in your life because, thats not true. If you want a man who is strong, determined, loving, sensitive, gentle, loyal, and with high morals.. well you wont get it if you dont expect those same standards out of yourself. I saved myself for my husband. and he did the same for me, and there is no better gift than that to give to the man or woman that loves you more than anything.. It is so special to be able to give that to the person that wants you in THEIR lives despite all your obvious flaws. There is no better way to do it.. Saving yourself for that person.. shows more respect for yourself and him than anything ever can or will. (in my opinion)
-We got a beautiful God made dog named Ziggy. We found her at the pound. she is a tiny strawberry blonde chih terrier mix. when we found her she was the only dog not barking and she was sitting in her cage shaking. when we opened her kennel and let her out, she wouldnt come out, she just shook there. Imagine this please... you walk into a cold room, where the walls are made of cinder-blocks, the ground is bare concrete, there are 6 rows of tall wired cages. and in each row there are 6 or so cages. and in each cage there are maybe one or two dogs, scared, barking, crying! for help. And when you walk past them, they  start to wag their tail, just hoping you will save them from this hell some irresponsible person put them in. On average.. in EVERY kill-shelter 100 dogs are euthanized a week.. a WEEK! And most of them havent lived longer than 4 years.. the youngest one i saw in there was 3 months old... This is whats wrong here.. people who are uneducated about the situation.. breed their so called "pet" now... let me try to educate you. (WARNING.. i am very passionate about this, stop reading if you cant handle it) .. Keep this in mind.. a dog that is 1 year old is in human years 7 years old... so let me make an analogy..  how would a breeder feel about this.. take a 7 or 8 year old little innocent girl put her in a room with any aged male and have them mate... let the girl carry this baby for 9 months... then once she goes through the pain of birthing the child take it from her and sell it to some random person who will give you the most money... then take that same girl.. and pick some other male and do it again and again, until that girl dies or has too many health problems that she cant reproduce anymore... thats what uneducated breeders do with innocent puppies.. they get their "pet" pregnant with multiple children.. then allow the mom to take care of them then steal them from her to sell to RANDOM people they dont even know.. (how does this relate to pounds you ask? well let me tell you.) a breeder doesnt know who they are selling these living breathing beings to... most dogs end up in jail (the pound) because people dont know how to take care of another living thing... or they buy a puppy from a breeder.. and dont realize that the puppy wont be a cute small baby breathed animal forever and when the puppy turns into a dog, they bail on it, they put it to its death sentence.. and then that unloyal individual goes and gets another puppy.. a different kind of course.. maybe a smaller breed.. and the cycle continues. the dog is bigger than they thought, bail. then they decide to try a toy sized breed. (If you want a toy.. go get a BARBIE!) toy sized breeds are basically bred to be killed. toy breeds have so many health problems it is insane! im not even going to go into it.. their quality of life dwindles fast.. so moral of the story.. if you want a pet. spay or neuter it. treat is how it should be treated, dont use it as an object and an easy way out for you to get some easy cash. and if you want easy cash and you want to sell a living being.. go to the street corner and do it yourself. (i gave you a warning, i am passionate about this.. and im not going to hide my opinions anymore. lifes to short.)

- I have amazing friends who encourage me to be me... and then there are those kind of "friends" that need this song as their theme song... haha.


you got designer shades,
just to hide your face and
you wear them around like
you're cooler than me.
and you never say hey,
or remember my name.
its probably cuz,
you think you're cooler than me.
.
see I got you,
all figured out,
you need everyone's eyes just to feel seen.                                                                                                                  

-Enough said.

I hope you didnt see this post as angry because it wasnt. I wanted to let you all know that being passionate about something is a good thing. and no i dont go to every person and scream my arguments at them.. i give my opinion when asked.. but then all is fair game. I believe its called sticking up for what you believe.. and i believe thats what i do.. so i will continue to stick up for what i believe. be passionate, be nice, and be passionate about being nice... hahaha.. make the world a better and safer place.

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. breia, i want to be your kid. you are so cool.
    your first paragraph gave me hope.. &later on i felt like a woman at a baptist church going "mhmm" while reading this post. "cooler than me" is my theme song. kinda sucks, but it's true.
    you are seriously one of the wisest people i know, and to think... you're barely twenty. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope is exactly what you gave me too. I love how strong your beliefs are and how you show it and aren't afraid to speak out.. the person you have grown into is amazing, smart, mature so many other things and i'm sure you know it already but i just had to tell you that i love everything about you breia. I wish we lived closer but with the kind of friendship we have distance doesn't matter.and i love that.. hope to see you soon

    midge

    ReplyDelete